Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Gold Fields (GFI): Option volume 1,329 percent above average. The October 17 calls were bought against open interest and the January 20s were sold, indicating that a covered-call trade was rolled to the higher strike. GFI rose 3.21 percent to $17.38.
Sensata Technologies (ST): Option volume 1,018 percent above average. A block of 2,000 September 30 puts was rolled to the September 25 strike. ST fell 1.60 percent to $28.34.
Medivation (MDVN): Option volume 1,017 percent above average. A block of September 10 calls was bought for $6.80. MDVN rose 0.45 percent to $15.62.
BioDelivery Systems (BDSI): Option volume 836 percent above average. More than 2,500 October 2.50 calls were purchased, mostly for $1.15 as an investor positioned for upside in the stock. BDSI rose 8.71 percent to $3.37.
Kinross Gold (KGC): Option volume 731 percent above average. The November 19 calls were bought and the February 21s were sold, resulting either from the rolling of a covered call or a bullish diagonal spread. KGC rose 5.12 percent to $17.65.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- iShares MSCI Germany Index ETF (EWG): Option volume 727 percent above average.
- Collective Brands (PSS): Option volume 724 percent above average.
- Lennar (LEN): Option volume 712 percent above average.
- Legg Mason (LM): Option volume 706 percent above average.
- Lincare Holdings (LNCR): Option volume 681 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)