|Back to main|
Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual
option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Annaly Capital Management (NLY): Option volume 10,227 percent above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the company's cash dividend. Similar trades occurred in Kraft Foods (KFT), where volume was 6,793 percent above average, Boston Properties (BXP), where volume was 2,062 percent above average, and PG&E (PCG), where volume was 1,830 percent above average.
SolarWinds (SWI): Option volume 2,020 percent above average. About 5,000 July 22.50 puts were sold for $0.10 and $0.15 as an investor bet the stock will hold its ground. SWI rose 1.25 percent to $25.11.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Sensata Technologies (ST): Option volume 1,732 percent above average.
- Capstead Mortgage (CMO): Option volume 1,491 percent above average.
- Zhongpin (HOGS): Option volume 1,335 percent above average.
- YRW Worldwide (YRCW): Option volume 1,216 percent above average.
- Invesco (IVZ): Option volume 1,193 percent above average.
Disclosure: I own YRCW shares.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)