|Back to main|
Update: Top unusual option activity
As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Flamel Technologies (FLML): Option volume 3,025 percent above average. A short position in the August 2.05 calls was rolled to the September 2.50 strike for a credit of $0.07. FLML declined 2.59 percent to $4.14.
Finish Line (FINL): Option volume 2,685 percent above average. Large blocks were purchased in the November 22.50 calls for $0.75 and the November 25 calls for $0.40. FINL dropped 3.55 percent to $18.48.
Harman (HAR): Option volume 1,802 percent above average. Call volume surged as investors looked to reap the quarterly dividend.
Vanguard REIT (VNQ): Option volume 1,531 percent above average. A block of 9,000 September 52 puts was bought for $0.85 and $0.90 but volume was below open interest. VNQ rose 0.28 percent to $56.78.
Logitech International (LOGI): Option volume 1,381 percent above average. More than 1,000 September 12.50 puts were bought against open interest. LOGI rose 0.33 percent to $9.18.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Photronics (PLAB): Option volume 1,128 percent above average.
- Caribou Coffee (CBOU): Option volume 935 percent above average.
- Targacept (TRGT): Option volume 790 percent above average.
- Diana Shipping (DSX): Option volume 728 percent above average.
- Blue Coat Systems (BCSI): Option volume 723 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)