|Back to main|
Top 10 list of unusual option activity
About halfway through today's session, here are the top 10 names
showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Jarden (JAH): Option volume 2,030 percent above average. A long position in 3,000 July 35 puts was rolled to the January 35 strike at a cost of about $3. JAH fell 0.12 percent to $34.39.
Kinetic Concepts (KCI): Option volume 1,705 percent above average. Investors bought September 70 puts and sold August 65 calls as the stock ripped to a three-year high. KCI rose 12 percent to $65.70.
HealthSouth (HLS): Option volume 1,034 percent above average. A block of 900 July 25 puts was sold against open interest and 1,794 August 25 puts were bought for $0.80 as an investor positions for a drop. HLS fell 0.49 percent to $26.63.
Silicon Laboratories (SLAB): Option volume 906 percent above average. Investors bought more than 3,000 July 40 puts for $0.15. SLAB fell 0.45 percent to $41.79.
ProShares UltraShort Euro ETF (EUO): Option volume 637 percent above average. Investors bought more than 12,000 August 16 calls for $1.37 to $1.50, looking for the common currency to decline. EUO rose 1.54 percent to $17.18.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Cash America International (CSH): Option volume 481 percent above average.
- Cerner (CERN): Option volume 441 percent above average.
- Zagg (ZAGG): Option volume 428 percent above average.
- Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR): Option volume 386 percent above average.
- AstraZeneca (AZN): Option volume 377 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)