Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Curis (CRIS): Option volume 2,378 percent above average. More than 5,000 December 2.50 puts were bought for $0.10 and $0.15 against existing open interest. CRIS rose 1.26 percent to $3.22.
Molex (MOLX): Option volume 902 percent above average. About 3,500 November 22.50 puts were bought, mostly for $2.40. MOLX fell 2.30 percent to $21.20.
Freescale Semiconductor (FSL): Option volume 802 percent above average. More than 5,000 March 10 puts were bought, mostly for $1.60. FSL dropped 3.31 percent to 11.39.
Photronics (PLAB): Option volume 723 percent above average. About 2,000 December 5 puts were sold for $0.65 to $0.70. PLAB fell 1.54 percent to $5.12.
Stamps.com (STMP): Option volume 640 percent above average. Investors bought the February 20 calls and the November 20 calls. STMP rose 3.67 percent to $20.49.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- Usec (USU): Option volume 587 percent above average.
- Sociedad Quimica y Minera de Chile (SQM): Option volume 564 percent above average.
- Big Lots (FDO): Option volume 527 percent above average.
- Digital Realty (DLR): Option volume 485 percent above average.
- UBS (UBS): Option volume 484 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )