Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Option volume 890 percent above average. Investors sold the January 7.50 puts and the January 10 puts, looking for shares to hold their ground or push higher. VSH rose 1.68 percent to $9.07.
Mela Sciences (MELA): Option volume 651 percent above average. Investors bought and sold the October 8 puts and the October 5 puts. MELA soared 49 percent to 4.73.
TCF Financial (TCB): Option volume 645 percent above average. An investor rolled a short position in the October 13 puts down to the January 9 puts. TCB rose 0.34 percent to $8.93.
Fairchild Semiconductor (FCS): Option volume 466 percent above average. Investors sold the October 11 calls, the November 11 calls and the November 12 calls. FCS rose 2.72 percent to $11.45.
Intersil (ISIL): Option volume 415 percent above average. About 1,500 January 12.50 puts were bought, mostly for $0.60. ISIL fell 1.55 percent to $10.83.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
- United Online (UNTD): Option volume 414 percent above average.
- First Cash Financial (FCFS): Option volume 345 percent above average.
- Jefferies Group (JEF): Option volume 330 percent above average.
- Odyssey Marine (OMEX): Option volume 309 percent above average.
- PowerShares DB Oil (DBO): Option volume 307 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER )