Virgin Media (VMED): Option volume 1,280 percent above
average. An investor bought 10,000 September 27 puts for $3.70
and sold 20,000 September 24 puts for $1.30, positioning for a
limited drop. VMED rose 0.93 percent to $23.95.
Rayonier (RYN): Option volume 658 percent above average. Modest
buying was detected in the October 40 October 40 puts, the
November 40 puts and the November 40 calls. RYN
rose 1.20 percent to $39.79.
iShares Russell 2000 Value Index Fund (IWN): Option volume 631
percent above average. Investors bought the September 62 calls
and the September 60 calls, looking for upside. IWN rose 0.85
percent to $60.59.
Uranium Energy (UEC): Option volume 615 percent above average.
More than 1,000 November 5 puts were bought for $2.05 against
existing open interest. UEC rose 2.46 percent to $3.17.
Pandora Media (P): Option volume 587 percent above average. About
3,000 September 12 puts were sold, mostly for $0.70, as investors
looked for the shares to hold their ground. P rose 8.93 percent
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF (XHB): Option volume 482
percent above average.
- Rockwell Automation (ROK): Option volume 434 percent above
- Radian Group (RDN): Option volume 414 percent above
- LSI (LSI): Option volume 359 percent above average.
- Discovery Communications (DISCA): Option volume 345 percent
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)