Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
IAC/Interactive (IACI): Option volume 1,157 percent above average. Investors sold about 2,600 August 45 calls for $0.20 to $0.75. IACI rose 11 percent to $41.70.
WR Grace (GRA): Option volume 932 percent above average. An investor bought the December 55 calls, while selling the December 45 puts and the December 65 calls, positioning for upside. GRA rose 0.85 percent to $52.09.
Telvent GIT (TLVT): Option volume 791 percent above average. Investors bought more than 2,800 February 40 puts, most of which priced for $0.40 to $0.50. TLVT is unchanged at $39.88.
Timken (TKR): Option volume 682 percent above average. About 1,000 August 50 calls were sold, mostly for $0.60 to $0.70, although volume was below open interest. TKR fell 3.06 percent to $45.92.
TriQuint Semiconductors (TQNT): Option volume 577 percent above average. Investors bought the November 10 calls and sold the November 11 calls, looking for upside. TQNT fell 1.60 percent to $10.46.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Kemet (KEM): Option volume 561 percent above average.
- Amdocs (DOX): Option volume 534 percent above average.
- Illumina (ILMN): Option volume 484 percent above average.
- Kinetic Concepts (KCI): Option volume 478 percent above average.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): Option volume 474 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)