|Back to main|
Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Raptor Pharmaceutical (RPTP): Option volume 2,394 percent above average. Investors sold about 4,000 November 5 calls, looking for the stock to hold its ground or drop. RPTP fell 24 percent to $5.29.
BioDelivery Sciences (BDSI): Option volume 1,406 percent above average. Approximately 4,000 September 5 calls were bought for $0.38 against existing open interest. BDSI rose 1.02 percent to $3.95.
Liberty Media (LINTA): Option volume 1,046 percent above average. A bearish three-way trade in the October 15 puts, the October 18 calls and the October 20 calls was apparently closed. LINTA fell 0.35 percent to $16.92.
Hasbro (HAS): Option volume 1,041 percent above average. Investors bought about 7,000 January 45 calls for $0.92 to $1.05, looking for upside. HAS rose 0.30 percent to $40.62.
HCA Holdings (HCA): Option volume 992 percent above average. Investors sold about 2,000 March 25 puts, looking for the stock to hold its ground. HCA fell 16 percent to $29.20.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Fortune Brands (FO): Option volume 751 percent above average.
- Silicon Laboratories (SLAB): Option volume 732 percent above average.
- Varian Semiconductor (VSEA): Option volume 699 percent above average.
- Solutia (SOA): Option volume 651 percent above average.
- Life Partners (LPHI): Option volume 590 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)