|Back to main|
Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Merrill Lynch Regional Bank HOLDRS ETF (RKH): Option volume 1,897 percent above average. Investors sold about 6,000 September 76 puts for $1.91 to $1.97, looking for the fund to hold its ground. RKH rose 2.35 percent to $78.74.
Freescale Semiconductor (FSL): Option volume 1,378 percent above average. Investors bought the September 15 puts and the December 12.50 puts, positioning for downside. FSL fell 0.77 percent to $17.
St. Jude Medical (STJ): Option volume 981 percent above average. Investors sold the January 42.50 puts and bought the January 50 calls and the January 52.50 calls, positioning for upside. STJ rose 1.94 percent to $47.73.
Clorox (CLX): Option volume 948 percent above average. The January 70 calls, January 75 calls and August 70 puts traded heavily, but volume was below open interest. CLX rose 3.49 percent to $75.10.
Dynavax Technologies (DVAX): Option volume 828 percent above average. Investors sold about 2,200 January 2.50 calls for $0.50 to $0.65. DVAX fell 10 percent to $2.82.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Illumina (ILMN): Option volume 560 percent above average.
- SLM (SLM): Option volume 499 percent above average.
- iShares S&P Latin American 40 Index (ILF): Option volume 497 percent above average.
- E*Trade Financial (ETFC): Option volume 495 percent above average.
- Murphy Oil (MUR): Option volume 493 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)