Top 10 list of unusual option activity
Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Select Comfort (SCSS): Option volume 4,806 percent above average. Investors sold about 6,400 each in the August 17.50 puts and the August 17.50 calls, looking for the stock to move sideways. SCSS fell 3.61 percent to $17.37.
Sonus Networks (SONS): Option volume 1,180 percent above average. Investors sold more than 8,000 contracts each of the January 3 calls for $0.40 and the January 3.50 calls for $0.20 to $0.25. SONS fell 2.92 percent to $2.99.
ProShares Short S&P 500 (SH): Option volume 1,125 percent above average. Almost 8,000 August 44 calls were purchased, with the largest blocks pricing for $0.25. SH rose 1.25 percent to $41.47.
O'Reilly Automotive (ORLY): Option volume 1,101 percent above average. Investors sold 6,000 August 65 calls for $1, betting upside will be limited. ORLY fell 1.59 percent to $62.09.
SolarWinds (SWI): Option volume 991 percent above average. About 4,500 August 22.50 puts were sold for $0.60 to $0.65. SWI fell 1.80 percent to $23.41.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Travelzoo (TZOO): Option volume 896 percent above average.
- WebMD (WBMD): Option volume 835 percent above average.
- Limelight Networks (LLNW): Option volume 754 percent above average.
- Brinker International (EAT): Option volume 616 percent above average.
- Ryland Group (RYL): Option volume 451 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)