|Back to main|
Top 10 list of unusual option activity
About halfway through today's session, here are the top 10 names
showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Graham Packaging (GRM): Option volume 1,189 percent above average. Investors bought 3,000 July 25 puts for $0.05 against existing open interest. GRM fell 0.28 percent to $25.23.
ProShares Short S&P 500 ETF (SH): Option volume 831 percent above average. Investors bought 5,000 July 46 calls, looking for the fund to rise and the broader market to fall. SH is up 1.71 percent to $42.72.
Myriad Genetics (MYGN): Option volume 462 percent above average. A surge of activity was detected in the July 24 calls and the August 21 puts. MYGN fell 1.62 percent to $22.50.
TTM Technologies (TTMI): Option volume 444 percent above average. Investors bought the August 15 puts and the July 15 puts, seeking protection against a drop. TTMI fell 1.72 percent to $14.89.
Markey Vectors Russia ETF (RSX): Option volume 418 percent above average. Put volume surged as investors positioned for downside in the fund. RSX fell 2.58 percent to $36.68.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Barclays iPath Crude Oil ETF (OIL): Option volume 377 percent above average.
- iGate (IGTE): Option volume 370 percent above average.
- WisdomTree Dreyfus Chinese Yuan ETF (CYH): Option volume 364 percent above average.
- Newell Rubbermaid (NWL): Option volume 361 percent above average.
- Travelers (TRV): Option volume 361 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)