Former Warren Buffett CIO Lou Simpson Buys UPS, Brookfield Asset Management, Sells Lowe's, Fiserv
was the former
CIO who managed the investment portfolios of Geico and Buffett
spoke very highly about him multiple times. He is now running his
own shop SQ Advisors. Mr. Simpson runs a concentrated portfolio of
$1.7 billion in 15 stocks. This is his second quarter portfolio
Lou Simpson must know Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.A)( BRK.B ) extremely well and is very confident about it. It is the largest holdings of his, weighting more than 10% of the portfolio.
Lou Simpson buys United Parcel Service Inc ( UPS ), Brookfield Asset Management Inc, sells Lowe's Companies Inc., Fiserv, Inc. during the 3-months ended 06/30/2013, according to the most recent filings of his investment company, SQ Advisors, LLC. These are the details of the buys and sells.
- New Purchases: UPS,
- Added Positions: BAM,
- Reduced Positions: FISV,
- Sold Out: LOW,
This is the sector weightings of his portfolio:
These are the top 5 holdings of Lou Simpson
1. Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.B) - 1,580,621 shares, 10.5% of the total portfolio. Shares reduced by 0.17%
2. Directv ( DTV ) - 2,866,880 shares, 10.4% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 0.05%
3. TE Connectivity Ltd ( TEL ) - 3,483,671 shares, 9.4% of the total portfolio. Shares reduced by 0.23%
4. Oracle Corporation ( ORCL ) - 5,043,803 shares, 9.2% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 0.48%
5. Charles Schwab Corp ( SCHW ) - 7,307,325 shares, 9.2% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 0.08%
New Purchase: United Parcel Service Inc ( UPS ) ( UPS )
Lou Simpson initiated holdings in United Parcel Service Inc ( UPS ). His purchase prices were between $82.37 and $89.03, with an estimated average price of $85.78. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 7.4%. His holdings were 1,439,345 shares as of 06/30/2013. United Parcel Service, Inc., was incorporated in Delaware. United Parcel Service Inc (ups) has a market cap of $80.97 billion; its shares were traded at around $86.30 with a P/E ratio of 100.00 and P/S ratio of 1.52. The dividend yield of United Parcel Service Inc (ups) stocks is 2.82%.
Sold Out: Lowe's Companies Inc. ( LOW )
Lou Simpson sold out his holdings in Lowe's Companies Inc.. His sale prices were between $37.32 and $43.23, with an estimated average price of $40.25. Lowe's Companies, Inc. was incorporated in North Carolina in 1952 and has been publicly held since 1961. Lowe's Companies Inc. has a market cap of $47.27 billion; its shares were traded at around $44.08 with a P/E ratio of 25.06 and P/S ratio of 0.98. The dividend yield of Lowe's Companies Inc. stocks is 1.50%. Lowe's Companies Inc. had an annual average earnings growth of 4.3% over the past 10 years. GuruFocus rated Lowe's Companies Inc. the business predictability rank of 2.5-star.
Added: Brookfield Asset Management Inc ( BAM )
Lou Simpson added to his holdings in Brookfield Asset Management Inc by 11.53%. His purchase prices were between $34.31 and $39.12, with an estimated average price of $36.58. The impact to his portfolio due to this purchase was 0.6%. His holdings were 2,710,803 shares as of 06/30/2013. Brookfield Asset Management, Inc. was formed by articles of amalgamation dated August 1, 1997 and is organized pursuant to articles of amalgamation under the Business Corporations Act (Ontario) dated January 1, 2005. Brookfield Asset Management Inc has a market cap of $21.7 billion; its shares were traded at around $35.26 with a P/E ratio of 17.54 and P/S ratio of 1.22. The dividend yield of Brookfield Asset Management Inc stocks is 1.64%.
Reduced: Fiserv, Inc. ( FISV )
Lou Simpson reduced to his holdings in Fiserv, Inc. by 53.98%. His sale prices were between $84.84 and $91.11, with an estimated average price of $87.72. The impact to his portfolio due to this sale was -3.35%. Lou Simpson still held 515,567 shares as of 06/30/2013. Fiserv, Inc. was incorporated in Delaware in 1984 and reincorporated as a Wisconsin corporation in 1992. Fiserv, Inc. has a market cap of $12.9 billion; its shares were traded at around $99.17 with a P/E ratio of 23.47 and P/S ratio of 2.89. Fiserv, Inc. had an annual average earnings growth of 12.6% over the past 10 years. GuruFocus rated Fiserv, Inc. the business predictability rank of 4-star.
Here is the complete portfolio of Lou Simpson. Also check out:
1. Lou Simpson's Undervalued Stocks
2. Lou Simpson's Top Growth Companies, and
3. Lou Simpson's High Yield stocks
4. Stocks that Lou Simpson keeps buyingAbout GuruFocus: GuruFocus.com tracks the stocks picks and portfolio holdings of the world's best investors. This value investing site offers stock screeners and valuation tools. And publishes daily articles tracking the latest moves of the world's best investors. GuruFocus also provides promising stock ideas in 3 monthly newsletters sent to Premium Members .