|Back to main|
Carl Icahn's Latest Buys: CHK, CVI, NAV; Sells CMC
Billionaire activist investor
just reported his Q2 portfolio. His portfolio reveals his 50
million shares of Chesapeake Energy (
), which is 8.9% of CHK's total shares outstanding. Mr. Icahn
also added to his existing positions in CVR Energy, Navistar
International Corp. As of 06/30/2012, Icahn Capital Management LP
owns 17 stocks with a total value of $10.5 billion. Chesapeake
Energy stock has lost more than 40% over the past 12 months as
investors questioned the corporate governance and the CEO
compensation of the company.
was saying that the
board of the Chesapeake was "just sitting
." He has urged for a change with the company and warned that
he's prepared to take immediate action if the company does not
respond to his requests. Chesapeake Energy CEO Aubrey McClendon
recently bought shares. But as
we write before
, don't take that as a sign that the company stock will go up.
Chesapeake is now the third largest position for Carl Icahn and
the stock has recovered by almost 30% from its lows in May.
These are the details of the buys and sells of Carl Icahn over the past quarter.
|Oil & Gas||27%|
These are the top 5 holdings of Carl Icahn
- Icahn Enterprises, L.P. ( IEP ) - 93,897,083 shares, 35.7% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 0.54%
- CVR Energy, Inc. ( CVI ) - 71,198,718 shares, 18.1% of the total portfolio. Shares added by 465.78%
- Chesapeake Energy Corporation ( CHK ) - 50,085,202 shares, 8.9% of the total portfolio. New Position
- Forest Laboratories, Inc. ( FRX ) - 26,361,686 shares, 8.8% of the total portfolio.
- Federal-Mogul Corporation ( FDML ) - 76,385,255 shares, 8.0% of the total portfolio.
Here is the complete portfolio of Carl Icahn. Also check out the Undervalued Stocks, Top Growth Companies, and High Yield stocks of Carl Icahn.About GuruFocus: GuruFocus.com tracks the stocks picks and portfolio holdings of the world's best investors. This value investing site offers stock screeners and valuation tools. And publishes daily articles tracking the latest moves of the world's best investors. GuruFocus also provides promising stock ideas in 3 monthly newsletters sent to Premium Members .