As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL): Option volume 4,483 percent
above average. Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the
quarterly dividend. A similar trade also occurred in Procter &
Gamble (PG), where option volume was 3,091 percent above average.
First Cash Financial Services (FCFS): Option volume 3,325 percent
above average. An investor sold 4,800 March 40 puts for and bought
7,200 puts, looking for a major selloff. FCFS rose 1.62 percent to
Hospira (HSP): Option volume 2,784 percent above average. Investors
sold calls and puts after the stock fell on a weak earnings report.
HSP dropped 21 percent to $29.51.
AsiaInfo Linkage (ASIA): Option volume 2,724 percent above average.
The January 7 puts and January 12 calls traded against open
interest, apparently the closing of a bullish position. ASIA rose
1.52 percent to $10.03.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- QEP Resources (QEP): Option volume 1,750 percent above
- Approach Resources (AREX): Option volume 1,747 percent above
- Tekelec (TKLC): Option volume 1,601 percent above
- Thomas & Betts (TNB): Option volume 1,425 percent above
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE): Option volume 1,362 percent above
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.