As of today's close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual
option activity on tradeMONSTER's data systems.
SunPower B-shares (SPWRB): Options volume 9,319 percent above
average. Heavy call selling amid a tender offer for the
solar-energy company by Total. SPWRB falls 2 percent to $20.57.
Western Union (WU): Options volume 8,355 percent above average.
Call activity surged as investors looked to reap the
money-transfer company's quarterly dividend. WU rose 1.77 percent
Invesco Mortgage Capital (IVR), with options volume 6,384 percent
above average, also saw a dividend play. IVR fell 0.27 percent to
Flamel Technologies (FLML): Options volume 5,776 percent above
average. A position in 8,713 June 2.50 calls was rolled to the
July 2.50 strike for a net cost of $0.05. FLML rose 0.35 percent
Rock Tenn (RKT): Options volume 3,968 percent above average. A
block of 15,000 January 100 calls were sold for $0.45. RKT climbs
2.45 percent to $67.77.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- SunPower A-shares (SPWRA): Options volume 2,690 percent
- JC Penney (JCP): Options volume percent 2,061 above
- WMS Industries (WMS): Options volume 1,783 percent above
- Pharmacyclics (PCYC): Options volume 1,324 percent above
- Graham Packaging (GRM): Options 1,265 volume percent above
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.