As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Ecolab (ECL): Option volume 4,116 percent above average. Call
activity surged as investors looked to reap its quarterly dividend.
Infinera (INFN): Option volume 3,332 percent above average.
Investors bought the October 10 calls and the October 8 calls,
looking for upside. INFN rose 3.74 percent to $8.60.
U.S. 12-Month Oil ETF (USL): Option volume 2,011 percent above
average. An investor sold 2,000 October 40 puts and bought an equal
number of October 40 calls, looking for upside. USL rose 0.96
percent to $39.93.
UBS (UBS): Option volume 2,008 percent above average. Investors
bought the October 12 calls, looking for a rebound, and sold the
December 12 puts. UBS fell 10 percent to $11.41.
Ralcorp (RAH): Option volume 1,874 percent above average. Investors
bought the October 85 calls and the October 90 calls, looking for
upside. RAH rose 0.28 percent to $79.33.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10:
(Chart courtesy of
- Select Sector Utilities Select Sector SPDR (XLU): Option
volume 1,718 percent above average.
- Discovery Communications (DISCA): Option volume 1,598 percent
- Vivus (VVUS): Option volume 1,511 percent above average.
- Orexigen (OREX): Option volume 1,466 percent above
- Nektar Therapeutics (NKTR): Option volume 1,426 percent above
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.