Liz Claiborne (LIZ): Option volume 5,807 percent above
average. Investors bought more than 6,000 September 5 calls for
$0.20 to $0.45, plus more than 8,000 October 6s, looking for
upside. LIZ rose 9.30 percent to $4.70.
Cninsure ADR (CISG): Option volume 2,57 percent above average.
There was heavy trading in the September 11 puts for $1.30 to
$2.75. CISG fell 10 percent to $10.93.
Shaw Group (SHAW): Option volume 2,608 percent above average.
Investors bought more than 11,000 September 25 calls for $0.15 to
$0.30, looking for upside. SHAW fell 1.96 percent to $21.47.
BPZ Resources (BPZ): Option volume 2,076 percent above average.
Heavy activity was detected in the September 4 calls and the
September 4 puts. BPZ fell 3.18 percent to $3.04.
Collective Brands (PSS): Option volume 1,863 percent above
average. Activity surged after the shoe retailer beat earnings
forecasts and announced plans to close stores. PSS rose 19
percent to $12.19.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Developers Diversified (DDR): Option volume 1,602 percent
- Education Management (EDMC): Option volume 1,314 percent
- Thompson Creek (TC): Option volume 1,212 percent above
- Honeywell (HON): Option volume 1,159 percent above
- Neoprobe (NEOP): Option volume 1,134 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.