As of today's close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual
option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data systems.
Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): Option volume 14,028
percent above average. Call volume surged as investors looked to
reap the cash dividend. Medicis Pharmaceutical (MRX), where volume
was 4,029 percent above average, saw similar activity.
Popular (BPOP): Option volume 3,350 percent above average. A short
position in the July 3 puts was rolled to the October 2.50
contracts, reflecting a belief that downside is limited. BPOP was
unchanged at $2.63.
Spreadtrum Communications (SPRD): Option volume 3,313 percent above
average. Put activity surged as the stock experienced a
midday selloff. SPRD fell 3.54 percent to $12.49.
Pandora Media (P): Option volume 2,729 percent above average.
Investors buy and sell puts in the Internet media company, which
went public earlier in the month. P rose 5.93 percent to $17.50.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
- Commercial Metals (CMC): Option volume 2,712 percent above
- Bristol Myers Squibb (BMY): Option volume 2,005 percent above
- Mindray Medical (MR): Option volume 1,509 percent above
- Nike (NKE): Option volume 1,180 percent above
- Hansen Natural (HANS): Option volume 1,163 percent above
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.