As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Goodrich (GR): Option volume 5,131 percent above average. Investors
bought and sold calls amid a report that the company would be
acquired. GR rose 16 percent to $107.60.
Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bear 2X (DUST): Option volume 2,121
percent above average. There was a surge of activity in the fund
and in its inverse, Direxion Daily Gold Miners Bull 2X (NUGT),
where volume was 1,287 percent above average, as an investor
positioned for volatility in the gold-mining sector.
Flamel Technologies (FLML): Option volume 2,047 percent above
average. There was heavy selling in the October 2.50 calls and the
October 5 calls. FLML rose 1.75 percent to $4.07.
NovaGold (NG): Option volume 1,197 percent above average. A bearish
ratio spread was apparently closed as an investor sold 20,000
December 9 puts and bought 40,000 December 7s -- both against open
interest. NG fell 3.07 percent to $7.88.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- Medivation (MWVN): Option volume 1,073 percent above
- Optimer Pharmaceuticals (OPTR): Option volume 855 percent
- Sangamo BioSciences (SGMO): Option volume 822 percent above
- Momenta Pharmaceuticals (MNTA): Option volume 744 percent
- Healthsouth (HLS): Option volume 739 percent above