As of today's close, here are the top 10 names showing unusual
option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data system.
Heckmann (HEK): Option volume 3,994 percent above average. There
was heavy activity in the December 5 calls and the March 5 calls as
a long position was apparently rolled forward. HEK rose 2.32
percent to $6.17.
Align Technology (ALGN): Option volume 2,116 percent above average.
About 2,200 August 21 puts were bought, most of which priced for
$1.20. ALGN rose 0.73 percent to $22.15.
L&L Energy (LLEN): Option volume 1,754 percent above average.
The August 4 puts and the August 5 puts were sold against existing
open interest. LLEN fell 0.79 percent to $4.17.
Lender Processing (LPS): Option volume 1,680 percent above average.
A position in about 16,000 September 17 puts was rolled to the
December 17 contracts. LPS fell 1.33 percent to $18.58.
Marathon Petroleum (MPC): Option volume 1,524 percent above
average. More than 5,000 August 45 calls were sold for $1.30. MPC
rose 2.69 percent to $44.97.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
- Lihua International (LIWA): Option volume 1,318 percent above
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): Option volume 1,185 percent above
- iShares Italy Index (EWI): Option volume 1,183 percent above
- HCA Holdings (HCA): Option volume 1,177 percent above
- Magellan Midstream Partners (MMP): Option volume 1,146
percent above average.