As of today's market close, here are the top 10 names showing
unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction data
Warner Chilcott (WCRX): Option volume 2,122 percent above
average. More than 5,000 October 18 calls were purchased, mostly
for $0.80 to $0.85. WCRX rose 3.23 percent to $16.92.
PMC Sierra (PMCS): Option volume 1,592 percent above average.
About 4,800 January 7.50 calls were sold for $0.20. PMCS rose
0.52 percent to $5.76.
Life Technologies (LIFE): Option volume 1,461 percent above
average. More than 4,000 January 40 puts were bought for $4.60.
LIFE rose 3.63 percent to $38.53.
Life Partners (LPHI): Option volume 1,133 percent above average.
Investors bought the September 10 puts and the October 10 puts.
LPHI fell 1.30 percent to $8.34.
Western Union (WU): Option volume 1,083 percent above average.
More than 6,500 November 18 calls were purchased for $0.50. WU
fell 0.12 percent to $16.50.
Rounding out the rest of the top 10 are:
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): Option volume 1,073 percent above
- Marathon Petroleum (MPC): Option volume 1,021 percent above
- Ambev (ABV): Option volume 1,014 percent above
- Boyd Gaming (BYD): Option volume 887 percent above
- iShares Trust Barclays TIPS Bond Fund (TIP): Option volume
866 percent above average.
(Chart courtesy of tradeMONSTER)
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.