IAMGOLD Corporation (IMG.TO), which fell 6% and hit year lows
Wednesday, overnight announced its 2012 year-end mineral reserve
and resource statement. Highlights include:
- Attributable proven and probable gold reserves for the end of
2012 were 11.3 million ounces, compared to 13.3 million ounces at
the end of 2011. Reserves were down by 2%, excluding Quimsacocha
(1.7 million ounces) which was sold in 2012, and Rosebel updating
its December 2011 reserves (net of 2012 depletion) until the
ongoing Feasibility Study is finalized.
- Attributable measured and indicated resources (inclusive of
reserves) for 2012 were 22.6 million ounces, a net increase of 24%
or 4.4 million ounces from the end of 2011, primarily due to the
acquisition and further infill and exploration drilling at Cote
- Attributable inferred resources at 6.1 million ounces
increased by a net 0.3 million ounces in 2012.
- Probable mineral reserves of niobium for the end of 2012
increased slightly from a year earlier to 1,768 million kilograms
of contained Nb2O5.
- Total indicated resources of Total Rare Earth Oxides was
delineated by diamond drilling in 2012 and are now estimated at 531
million tonnes at an average grade of 1.64% TREO representing 8.7
billion kilograms of contained TREO. An additional 527 million
tonnes of inferred resources at an average grade of 1.83% TREO
representing 9.7 billion kilograms of contained TREO was