Aurora Oil & Gas Limited (AEF.TO) confirmed it is "highly
encouraged" by the results to date of a downspacing pilot program
within its non-operated Sugarkane Field acreage in the Eagle Ford.
The results are based on 13 wells on which there has been more than
6 months production and other more recently drilled wells, all of
which have been drilled at less than 80 acre (660 ft) spacing.
- Aurora believes early results support downspacing from 80 acre
- Preliminary results based on the initial 13 pilot wells, plus
more recently drilled wells, tested at less than 80 acre
- The initial 13 wells show statistically comparable performance
to 80 acre type curves
- 70 wells across Sugarkane now drilled at less than 80 acre
- Program extended to include Austin Chalk horizon
- Additional production history desired prior to determining
basis for development spacing across non operated Sugarkane
- Aurora planning 40 acre spacing on wholly-owned operated
- Aurora to provide further guidance on results in H2 2013
Copyright (C) 2014 MTNewswires.com. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.