Ultra Petroleum Posts Mixed Q3, But Lifts 2012 Production Guidance; Shares Jump 4%

By
A A A

Ultra Petroleum Corp. ( UPL ) is up more than 4% but off a day high $24.26 after reporting adjusted net income for Q3 of $0.64, handily beating estimates of around $0.50. Revenues of $196.4 million were a wide miss off estimates of near $270 million.

Natural gas and crude oil production for 2012 is expected to increase to a new record of 250-260 Bcfe, compared to record production of 245.3 Bcfe for 2011. Production from the Rockies region will comprise approximately 72% of the company's production forecast and Appalachian region production will comprise the remaining 28% of UPL's estimated total production.

UPL is trading in a 52-week range of $17.62 - $36.72. Shares have gained 22% in the last 12 months.



The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.

Copyright (C) 2014 MTNewswires.com. All rights reserved. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.


This article appears in: Investing , Commodities

Referenced Stocks: UPL

MT Newswires

MT Newswires

More from MT Newswires:

Related Videos

Stocks

Referenced

100%

Most Active by Volume

88,363,013
  • $102.47 ▲ 2.72%
76,664,591
  • $16.60 ▲ 2.09%
75,156,840
  • $13.20 ▼ 5.71%
53,255,668
  • $40.68 ▼ 6.03%
49,564,657
  • $96.87 ▲ 2.63%
42,649,404
  • $9.26 ▲ 1.09%
37,436,329
  • $31.19 ▲ 5.05%
35,538,826
  • $28.28 ▲ 1.25%
As of 10/21/2014, 04:15 PM

Find a Credit Card

Select a credit card product by:
Select an offer:
Search
Data Provided by BankRate.com