Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): Option volume 980 percent
above average. Some 2,900 February 7 calls were sold for $0.20 as
investors looked to call a top in the shares. IDTI rose 1.80
percent to $5.66.
Liz Claiborne (LIZ): Option volume 781 percent above average. There
was a mix of activity after the shares leapt on a divestiture plan.
LIZ soared 40 percent to $7.13.
VF (VFC): Option volume 688 percent above average. An investor
rolled a short position in the October 115 puts to the November 125
strike, looking for shares to hold their ground or climb. VFC rose
1.16 percent to $132.88.
Cadence Pharmaceuticals (CADX): Option volume 636 percent above
average. More than 5,000 May 7.50 calls were sold as investors see
limited upside in the stock. CADX fell 1.40 percent to $6.36.
News (NWS): Option volume 633 percent above average. More than
20,000 October 16 puts were bought as investors positioned for
downside. NWS rose 1.60 percent to $17.16.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- QLogic (QLGC): Option volume 627 percent above average.
- Rudoph Technologies (RTEC): Option volume 603 percent above
- Infosys (INFY): Option volume 505 percent above average.
- Diana Shipping (DSX): Option volume 502 percent above
- Chiquita Brands (CQB): Option volume 500 percent above
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.