Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
China Unicom (CHU): Option volume 991 percent above average.
Investors sold the October 19 calls and the October 18 puts,
looking for the stock to remain trapped in a range. CHU fell 0.38
percent to $19.42.
Express (EXPR): Option volume 673 percent above average. More than
3,000 November 22.50 calls were sold for $1.75 to $1.80 as
investors bet that upside will be limited. EXPR rose 0.78 percent
Superior Energy (SPN): Option volume 653 percent above average.
Traders bought and sold calls after the company announced the
acquisition of Complete Production. SPN plunged 18 percent to
iShares MSCI Canada (EWC): Option volume 505 percent above average.
More than 4,000 November 26 puts were bought as investors
positioned for downside. EWC rose 3.18 percent to $26.57.
Coventry Health (CVH): Option volume 495 percent above average.
Investors bought the October 29 puts and the October 30 puts,
looking for downside. CVH rose 3.56 percent to $29.08.
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- Cheesecake Factory (CAKE): Option volume 493 percent above
- Scripps Network Interactive (SNI): Option volume 492 percent
- Complete Production (CPX): Option volume 484 percent above
- Continental Resources (CLR): Option volume 481 percent above
- Health Management Associates (HMA): Option volume 481 percent
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.