Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL): Options volume 3,523 percent
above average. Investors sold the November 30 calls and the October
30 puts in separate transactions, looking for the shares to stay in
a range. CMTL rose 6.77 percent to $30.11.
Career Education (CECO): Options volume 713 percent above average.
Investors bought the October 15 calla and the October 12 puts,
looking for continued volatility. CECO rose 2.90 percent to $14.54.
McDermott International (MDR): Options volume 703 percent above
average. Call buying continued for the third day this week, this
time in the October 15 contracts. MDR rose 6.52 percent to $14.22.
Constellation Brands (STZ): Options volume 602 percent above
average. Investors bought calls and sold puts after the maker of
wine and spirits reported a strong quarter. STZ rose 9.19 percent
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- PF Chang's China Bistro (PFCB): Options volume 555 percent
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Options volume 549 percent
- PharMerica (PMC): Options volume 513 percent above
- Dunkin Brands (DNKN): Options volume 492 percent above
- Tech Data (TECD): Options volume 435 percent above
- Ruby Tuesday (RT): Options volume 409 percent above
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.