Nearing the halfway mark in today's session, here are the top 10
names showing unusual option activity on tradeMONSTER's LiveAction
Comtech Telecommunications (CMTL): Options volume 3,523 percent
above average. Investors sold the November 30 calls and the October
30 puts in separate transactions, looking for the shares to stay in
a range. CMTL rose 6.77 percent to $30.11.
Career Education (CECO): Options volume 713 percent above average.
Investors bought the October 15 calla and the October 12 puts,
looking for continued volatility. CECO rose 2.90 percent to $14.54.
McDermott International (MDR): Options volume 703 percent above
average. Call buying continued for the third day this week, this
time in the October 15 contracts. MDR rose 6.52 percent to $14.22.
Constellation Brands (STZ): Options volume 602 percent above
average. Investors bought calls and sold puts after the maker of
wine and spirits reported a strong quarter. STZ rose 9.19 percent
Rounding out the top 10 are:
(Chart courtesy of
- PF Chang's China Bistro (PFCB): Options volume 555 percent
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): Options volume 549 percent
- PharMerica (PMC): Options volume 513 percent above
- Dunkin Brands (DNKN): Options volume 492 percent above
- Tech Data (TECD): Options volume 435 percent above
- Ruby Tuesday (RT): Options volume 409 percent above
The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.
Copyright © 2010 OptionMonster® Holdings, Inc. All Rights Reserved.