ProShares, the world's biggest purveyor of inverse and leveraged
ETFs, is planning regular share splits on six of its ETFs as well
as reverse splits on 11 other of its exchange-traded funds, the
company said this week in a press release.
The regular splits will decrease share prices by increasing the
number of outstanding shares. The reverse splits achieve the
opposite effect-namely increase the share price by decreasing the
number of outstanding shares.
With the exception of fractional shares, share splits and
reverse splits don't alter the total value of the shares
outstanding. Any fractional shares will be redeemed for cash and
sent to brokers of record, ProShares said.
Bethesda, Md.-based ProShares said it will conduct four 2-for-1
share splits; two 3-for-1 splits; six 1-for-4 reverse splits; and
five 1-for-5 reverse splits.
All the splits and reverse splits will be effective on May 11,
with the regular splits applying to shareholders of record as of
May 8 and the reverse splits going to shareholders of record as of
- ProShares Ultra QQQ ETF (NYSEArca:QLD)
- ProShares UltraPro QQQ ETF (NYSEArca:TQQQ)
- ProShares Ultra 20+ Year Treasury ETF (NYSEArca:UBT)
- ProShares Ultra 7-10 Year Treasury ETF (NYSEArca:UST)
- ProShares UltraPro Dow 30 ETF (NYSEArca:UDOW)
- ProShares UltraShort DJ-UBS Natural Gas ETF (NYSEArca:KOLD)
1-For-4 Reverse Splits
- ProShares UltraShort Dow30 ETF (NYSEArca:DXD)
- ProShares UltraPro Short QQQ ETF (NYSEArca:SQQQ)
- ProShares UltraShort MSCI Brazil ETF (NYSEArca:BZQ)
- ProShares UltraPro Short MidCap 400 ETF (NYSEArca:SMDD)
- ProShares UltraShort Consumer Services ETF (NYSEArca:SCC)
- ProShares UltraShort Russell 1000 Growth ETF (NYSEArca:SFK)
1-For-5 Reverse Splits
- ProShares UltraPro Short S&P 500 ETF (NYSEArca:SPXU)
- ProShares UltraShort Silver ETF (NYSEArca:ZSL)
- ProShares UltraPro Short Russell 2000 ETF (NYSEArca:SRTY)
- ProShares Ultra DJ-UBS Natural Gas ETF (NYSEArca:BOIL)
- ProShares UltraShort Russell 3000 ETF (NYSEArca:TWQ)
Permalink | 'copy; Copyright 2009 IndexUniverse LLC. All rights
Don't forget to check IndexUniverse.com's ETF Data
2012 IndexUniverse LLC
. All Rights Reserved.