Novatel Wireless Inc. (NVTL): New Analyst Report from Zacks Equity Research - Zacks Equity Research Report

By
A A A

Summary:
Novatel Wireless reported poor financial results for the first quarter of 2014 as the bottom line was in line with the Zacks Consensus Estimate but the top line missed the same. Consequently, the company slashed its outlook for the next quarter. Competition from low-cost Asian manufacturers coupled with a limited customer base will continue to act as headwinds. Management expects the company's 4G MiFi intelligent hotspots and Expedite embedded solutions to gain significant market traction going ahead. A debt-free balance sheet, continuous contract wins coupled with growing demand for telematics services will act as tailwinds for the company going forward. We believe Novatel Wireless is currently fairly valued and therefore, reiterate our Neutral recommendation on the stock.

Overview:

Novatel Wireless Inc. (NVTL) is a San Diego, CL-based provider of wireless broadband access solutions for the global mobile communications market. The company operates in the wireless data modem technology industry. The products include 3G wireless PC-card and ExpressCard modems, embedded modems, USB modems, Fixed-Mobile Convergence solutions, and communications software. These products are mainly used by wireless service providers, infrastructure solution providers, original equipment manufacturers, and distributors. Novatel also offers software engineering, integration and design services to customers to facilitate the use of its products.

Segment wise, Mobile Computing Products accounted for 89% of the total revenue in fiscal 2013. The remaining 11% was generated from M2M Products and Solutions. Within the Mobile Computing segment, MiFi accounted for 84.8% of the total revenue. Embedded Modules accounted for 10% and the remaining 5.2% was generated from the PC OEM business. Geographically, North America generated 95.2% of the total revenue and international markets accounted for the rest 4.8%. Major customers include Dell, AT&T, Comcast Corp., Telefonica S.A., Verizon Wireless and Sprint.


Novatel Wireless Inc. (NVTL): Read the Full Research Report
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free report

NOVATEL WIRELES (NVTL): Free Stock Analysis Report

To read this article on Zacks.com click here.



The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.



This article appears in: Investing , Stocks

Referenced Stocks: NVTL

Zacks.com

Zacks.com

More from Zacks.com:

Related Videos

Your Car Is Spying on You
Your Car Is Spying on You           

Stocks

Referenced

100%

Most Active by Volume

73,078,214
  • $30.33 ▼ 3.90%
57,046,796
  • $15.52 ▲ 0.45%
51,290,831
  • $100.57 ▲ 0.04%
39,855,468
  • $8.13 ▲ 1.37%
31,693,544
  • $5.50 ▲ 20.35%
31,532,510
  • $10.33 ▲ 0.78%
31,526,753
  • $39.10 ▲ 47.21%
28,366,542
  • $26.36 ▲ 1.19%
As of 8/20/2014, 04:04 PM

Find a Credit Card

Select a credit card product by:
Select an offer:
Search
Data Provided by BankRate.com