You don't need me to tell you Q2 earnings season, just now accelerating to high volume for the next couple weeks or so, has been fully eclipsed by the geopolitical landscape a half a world away. Macro issues touched by Ukraine/Russia and Israel/Gaza have literally taken over discussion of Q2 earnings.
And just when it was going well, too. Q2 earnings season thus far, particularly in Finance, but also in some major tech companies, was demonstrating some real growth we'd been anticipating for several quarters now.
So allow me this space to provide a Q2 earnings service of sorts. We should already have (or soon will) a comprehensive Analyst Blog on each of these companies. Please check their Zacks.com quote pages for updates.
- General Electric ( GE ) met earnings and kept full-year guidance intact: "Total-Year Framework on Track."
- Bank of New York ( BK ) beat fairly impressively on the bottom line, but came in a tad light on revenues.
- Kansas City Southern ( KSU ) beat on sales and earnings, citing strength in moving "grain and automotive."
- VF Corporation ( VFC ) posted a mild beat on both top and bottom lines. Zacks ESP predicted an earnings beat for the footwear and apparel retailer.
- Honeywell ( HON ) also provided a mild beat in revenues and earnings. The multinational conglomerate also raised EPS guidance for next quarter.
Want the latest recommendations from Zacks Investment Research? Today, you can download 7 Best Stocks for the Next 30 Days. Click to get this free reportTo read this article on Zacks.com click here.Zacks Investment Research