- Asian stock indexes slipped, as South Korean car
manufacturers Hyundai and Kia lost ground. The sell-off in the
two companies came on reports that they misled their customers
about the gas mileage of their vehicles.
- The Nikkei fell 0.48 percent; S&P/ASX 200 rose 0.32
percent; Hang Seng dropped 0.47 percent; KOSPI declined 0.55
percent; the Shanghai Composite slipped 0.14 percent.
- European stock indexes dipped today before Tuesday's U.S.
election, and as Greece worked tirelessly to obtain a bailout.
Look for action in the Vanguard MSCI Europe ETF
- The service sector PMI in the U.K. in October fell from 52.2
in September to 50.6; analysts had expected a smaller drop, to
52. However, the data show that while the service sector is
growing at a slower pace than anticipated, it is still
- U.S. stock futures remain unchanged ahead of Tuesday's
election. The market is also closely watching Greece's moves to
obtain further financing.
- Analysts predict that the ISM non-manufacturing index will
fall from 55.1 in September to 54.9 in October. Such a decline
would suggest monthly orders are slowing down, but they would
still be considered to be in growth territory.
No major earnings news today.
All commodities news is as of 7:45 a.m. ET.
Gold and Silver Climbed
- Gold rose 0.14 percent, or $2.28, to $1680.38. Expect
increases in the SPDR Gold Shares physical bullion ETF
- Silver gained 0.10 percent, or $0.03, to $30.94. Keep an eye
on the iShares Silver Trust (NYSEArca:SLV).
WTI and Brent Oil Advanced
- The November contract for WTI crude oil ascended 0.22
percent, or $0.19, to $85.05 per barrel.
- The November contract for Brent crude oil climbed 0.02
percent, or $0.02, to $105.70 per barrel.
- Expect increases in the United States Oil Fund (NYSEArca:USO)
and in the United States Brent Oil Fund (NYSEArca:BNO).
On Friday, Nov. 2, 2012, the top ETF in nominal inflows was the
SPDR S&P 500 (NYSEArca:SPY), with creations of $1.51 billion.
The top ETF in nominal outflows was the iShares Russell 2000
(NYSEArca:IWM), with redemptions of $1.08 billion.
None as of yet today
None as of yet today
- ISM Non-Mfg Index - 10:00 a.m. ET
◦ CIPS/PMI Services Index - 4:30
◦ Labour cost index - 4:45 p.m.
◦ RBA Announcement - 10:30 p.m.
Permalink | 'copy; Copyright 2009 IndexUniverse LLC. All rights
Don't forget to check IndexUniverse.com's ETF Data
2012 IndexUniverse LLC
. All Rights Reserved.