- Asian stock indexes dropped today, as investors grew worried
about the fiscal issues in the U.S. and as Australia's business
- The Nikkei fell 0.18 percent; S&P/ASX 200 sank 1.53
percent; Hang Seng slipped 1.13 percent; KOSPI dropped 0.59
percent; the Shanghai Composite declined 1.51 percent.
- European stock indexes slipped today, as finance ministers
disagreed on how Greece should repay its debt. Look for drops in
the Vanguard MSCI Europe ETF (NYSEArca:VGK).
- The ZEW Survey in Germany showed that in October, businesses
in that country had a weaker economic outlook than many had
expected. That outlook was also weaker than it had been in
- U.S. stock futures dropped on continued 'fiscal cliff' woes
as well as on concerns that European leaders have yet to agree on
how Greece will repay its debt.
- The yield on 10-year Treasurys declined to 1.62 percent as
investors rushed to bonds ahead of the fiscal cliff. Adding to
concerns were expectations that GDP would fall by about 0.3
Home Depot - Third quarter
- Expected EPS = $0.70; actual EPS = $0.74
- ETF movements
◦ Market Vectors Retail ETF
All commodities news is as of 7:05 a.m. ET.
Gold and Silver Advanced
- Gold climbed 0.07 percent, or $1.15, to $1729.35. Expect
gains in the SPDR Gold Shares (NYSEArca:GLD).
- Silver rose 0.62 percent, or $0.20, to $32.61. Expect
increases in the iShares Silver Trust (NYSEArca:SLV).
WTI and Brent Oil Dropped
- The December contract for WTI crude oil fell 0.13 percent, or
$0.11, to $85.46 per barrel.
- The December contract for Brent crude oil descended 0.39
percent, or $0.42, to $108.65 per barrel.
- Expect declines in the United States Oil Fund (NYSEArca:USO)
and in the United States Brent Oil Fund (NYSEArca:BNO).
On Monday, Nov. 12, 2012, the top ETF in nominal inflows was the
Vanguard S&P 500 ETF (NYSEArca:VOO), with creations of $69.62
million. The top ETF in nominal outflows was the SPDR S&P 500
(NYSEArca:SPY), with redemptions of $864.19 million.
None as of yet today
None as of yet today
- Treasury Budget - 2:00 p.m. ET
◦ Producer and Import Price Index
- 3:15 a.m. ET
◦ CPI - 4:00 a.m. ET
◦ CPI - 4:30 a.m. ET
◦ Producer Price Index - 4:30 a.m.
◦ ZEW Survey - 5:00 a.m. ET
◦ Retail Trade - 4:45 p.m. ET
Permalink | 'copy; Copyright 2009 IndexUniverse LLC. All rights
Don't forget to check IndexUniverse.com's ETF Data
2012 IndexUniverse LLC
. All Rights Reserved.