Arris, China Network System Pen Deal - Analyst Blog

By
A A A

Arris Group Inc. ( ARRS ) - a leading video and broadband gear manufacturer - has recently entered into a deal with a major Taiwanese MSO, China Network System Co. Ltd. (CNS). Per the contract, Arris will supply high-definition set-tops (HMC3000) and a middleware platform (KreaTV) to China Network System.

Nationwide, China Network serves more than one million subscribers. So converting its basic video subscriber base into a fully digitalized format will create considerable opportunities for Arris going forward.

By installing Arris's two-way applications over its IP network and digital TV service, CNS will not only be able to trim down costs but will also deliver high-quality video services. Moreover, CNS can support value-added services over the enhanced network.

Arris will also offer HFC solutions, DOCSIS3.0 cable modems (the SB6141) & gateways (the SBG6580) to CNS. The modems and gateways will support two-way applications on KreaTV.

In the fourth quarter of 2013, Arris' total revenue stood at $1,199.1 million, up a whopping 248.6% year over year. The company's Customer Premises Equipments (CPE) segment generated $865.4 million of total revenue, up by a substantial 434.9% over the prior-year quarter. Quarterly Domestic revenues accounted for 68.9% of the total revenue while International revenues contributed the remaining 31.1%.

Comcast Corp. ( CMCSA ), Verizon Communications Inc. ( VZ ) and Time Warner Cable ( TWC ) have together contributed 38% of Arris' total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2014. Hence, we believe that a strong product portfolio and continuous contract wins will significantly boost the company's top line moving ahead.

Currently, Arris Group Inc. carries a Zacks Rank #3 (Hold).



ARRIS GROUP INC (ARRS): Free Stock Analysis Report

COMCAST CORP A (CMCSA): Free Stock Analysis Report

TIME WARNER CAB (TWC): Free Stock Analysis Report

VERIZON COMM (VZ): Free Stock Analysis Report

To read this article on Zacks.com click here.

Zacks Investment Research




The views and opinions expressed herein are the views and opinions of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.



This article appears in: Investing , Business , Stocks

Referenced Stocks: CNS , CPE , ARRS , CMCSA , TWC

Zacks.com

Zacks.com

More from Zacks.com:

Related Videos

Stocks

Referenced

Most Active by Volume

33,974,386
  • $17.98 ▲ 0.28%
20,763,901
  • $91.29 ▲ 2.06%
19,110,793
  • $7.26 ▼ 1.22%
18,528,869
    $8.33 unch
18,014,920
  • $4.19 ▼ 1.18%
16,448,919
  • $25.83 ▼ 0.19%
14,748,190
  • $7.60 ▼ 1.43%
14,144,383
  • $112.01 ▼ 0.47%
As of 12/24/2014, 02:12 PM


Find a Credit Card

Select a credit card product by:
Select an offer:
Search
Data Provided by BankRate.com