Below is a chart of
), which operates as a financial holding company, provides various
financial services worldwide. Its Consumer and Community Banking
segment provides deposits, investment products and services,
lending, and cash management and payment solutions to consumers and
small businesses; mortgage origination and servicing; and
residential mortgages and home equity loans.
Click to enlarge
What I Am Looking At:
- $50 round number is a very significant level for shares going
back eight years.
- Up 10% year-to-date, may see shares stall at this level.
- Peak call open interest for the May and June series resides
at the 50-strike, may contribute to resistance.
- Sentiment is optimistic as short interest represents a lowly
1.05% of the float.
- 19 out of 23 analysts rate the shares a "buy" or better,
potential for downgrades.
- The 10-day buy-to-open call/put ratio stands at 1.48
indicating a preference among option participants for calls
- Implied volatility on JPM options is near multi-year lows,
which could be viewed as complacency.
- Quarterly revenue growth (year-over-year) is -8.7%.
Possible target down to the 0% year-to-date level (pink line)
coinciding with the 200-day moving average. Possible stop above
This article by
Tony Venosa, CMT,
was originally published on
Schaeffer's Investment Research
Below, find some more great content from Schaeffer's Investment
Daily Game Plan - More Chop
Why Being Smart Isn't Always a Recipe for Trading
Trading 101: Some Observations/Thoughts