Below is a list of three small cap stocks, with market caps around $100M. All three of these stocks have seen significant increases in their put/call ratios over the last two weeks (from 3/2 to 3/15).
Although the options sentiment of these companies is bearish, do you think these names could be contrarian opportunities to buy in? Use this list as a starting point for your own analysis.
Analyze These Ideas (Tools Will Open In A New Window)
1. Access a thorough description of all companies mentioned
2. Compare analyst ratings for all stocks mentioned below
3. Visualize market cap changes for the top stocks mentioned
List sorted by increase in put/call ratio.
1. China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources, Inc. (SHZ): Industrial Metals & Minerals Industry. Market cap of $105.73M. Put/Call ratio increased 68.06% over the last two weeks (from 0.72 to 1.21). SHZ is a risky stock that is significantly more volatile than the overall market (beta = 2.19). After a solid performance over the last year, SHZ has pulled back during recent sessions. The stock is 29.06% below its SMA20 and 40.98% below its SMA50, but remains 30.21% above its SMA200. The stock has performed poorly over the last month as well, losing 46.31%.
2. CardioNet, Inc. (BEAT): Medical Instruments & Supplies Industry. Market cap of $110.38M. Put/Call ratio increased 48.75% over the last two weeks (from 0.8 to 1.19). The stock has lost 34.63% over the last year.
3. Lee Enterprises Inc. (LEE): Publishing - Newspapers Industry. Market cap of $115.52M. Put/Call ratio increased 12.50% over the last two weeks (from 0.56 to 0.63). This is a risky stock that is significantly more volatile than the overall market (beta = 2.81). LEE is a short squeeze candidate, with a short float at 19.04% (equivalent to 25.31 days of average volume). It's also been a rough couple of days for the stock, losing 13.47% over the last week.
Options data sourced from Schaeffer’s, all other data sourced from Finviz.